1. Click the Issue a Certificate button on the home screen:
Issuing Your Certificate of Insurance
2. Click on one of the certificate template name from the list. (There may be only one template listed and the name may vary.)
3. On the Select Holder screen, use the search fields at the top (highlighted in green) to see if the holder is already on your list* (highlighted in yellow). *If the holder you want is already listed, click on the holder name to select it, then skip to Step 6.
4. If the holder is not already on your list, click the Add Holder button:
5. On the Add Holder page you will need to fill out the Name and Address for the holder requesting the certificate. You may check off the Receive Renewal or One Time Only box as it applies to your holder.
Explanation of fields shown:
- Do they Receive Renewals: Check this box if each year at renewal you want Kuhl Insurance to send an updated certificate to this holder. This box defaults to be checked.
- One Time Only: If this is the only time you will ever need to send a certificate to this holder, check this box. The “Date Interest Ends” field will pre-fill with today’s date. After sending the certificate, the holder immediately becomes inactive and will no longer appear in the list.
- Date Interest Ends, Loan Number, Summary and Group Code: Not used at this time.
6. The Recipient #1 section is for specifying who at the holder is to receive this certificate and how.
Putting your information in the recipient fields will result in you receiving duplicate copies and the holder receiving none. If you need to send the certificate to more than one recipient, expand and fill out the Recipient #2 and or Recipient #3 sections.
7. Once the recipient information has been input you can click the Send Me Confirmation button (highlighted in green) to receive a copy for your records. You should also click preview on the bottom left (highlighted in yellow, this will download a copy to your computer and show you the exact form your customer will be getting) to double check all information is correct. Note that if you preview you do not need to check the Send Me Confirmation button as you will already have a copy.
8. Click Submit button at the bottom right of the screen to send the certificate.
9. You should see confirmation of your send, and the ability to open the actual certificate. If you need to send multiple certificates you can click the Issue Another Certificate button.